15 April 2007

colour coordination

I enjoy perusing through the fashion magazines to update myself on the latest fashion trends. I enjoy shopping to follow certain fashion panache if I feel the style and colour will suit my body type and colouring. Since, I do not have any formal training in fashion design or colour coordination, I rely on the visual merchandising that I see displayed in the stores. I also like to "people watch" to observe fashion styles.

Friday morning, I was on the bus during rush hour...knitting and when I paused and looked across from me...eeegads, what was this woman thinking????

My camera phone does not fully depict the actual effect of this lady's fashion sense...

toffee coloured shoes, chocolate brown tights, navy blue and white striped stretch skirt with a black t-shirt and a green hand bag...a fashion faux pas or a fashion statement...pret a porter?

5 comments:

Andrea said...

It's the shoes that ruined it.

Anonymous said...

You should visit Blanchardstown shopping centre on a Saturday - you'll see much worse! But this is pretty heavy already, I admit.

Anonymous said...

oy, I am with you. that is a fashion don't!

by the way - your knitters treat exchange was posted to you on saturday and is coming from the states - hope you receive it soon! have a lovely day!

Heidirific said...

Ah, I was shocked when I moved over here also. You should spend a day in city centre, preferably a weekday. You will see all kinds of fashion "oh god, what were you thinking?" My "favorite" of all time so far happened the summer I moved over. I was crossing the Ha'Penny bridge and looked up. I saw abdominal fat, stretch marks, and scars jiggling at me from where the woman's shirt stopped and her trousers hadn't started yet! Ah, the "muffin top" (although this was more than a muffin).

David T. Macknet said...

Oh, my. I'm wondering if she was going for "cute" or was going for "young" or what? I would guess that it's someone in their late twenties who's denying the impending doom of 30. Sigh.

Yes, "popovers" would be a more accurate description than "muffin tops." "Muffin top" sounds cute, kind of soft, maybe just a little bit hanging out. "Popovers", though, would be something more like this, and probably closer to what you've described, heidirific.