10 June 2007

World Wide Knit in Public Day...Dublin

Yesterday, 09 June 2007 was World Wide Knit in Public Day...

Lien and Jackie did a fantastic job organizing Dublin’s first WWKiP Day.

Non-Knitter Friend from Canada and I made our way into Bray yesterday morning to meet up with Jackie (who I never met before) from Wicklow. Non-knitter Friend asked, "if you've never met Jackie before how will we recognize her?" I replied, "Just look for a female carrying a big enough bag that could carry knitting paraphernalia." That being said, Non-Knitter Friend excitedly spots a female walking along the platform, "Look over there, she's got a big bag!" Female with the big quilted bag sits next to us and I turn to her and say, "Hello, are you Jackie?" She looks at my felted knitting bag, she smiles and that instant recognition of fellow knitters happens...we reach over to shake hands, "I'm Diane, pleased to meet you..."

While on the DART, Jackie shows off her felted samples...

Marta, admiring the felted bowl...it only takes one skein of Rowan's Big Wool...

A great knitting day enjoyed by all....



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a lovely day. Wish I could've stayed! A bit of knitting group envy......sigh. Will have to wait until the next big knit-in!

gilraen said...

You had a lovely day for this. I wish I could have made it, but I used up all my 'baby sitting' at my crochet class at This is Knit. :)

Lovely photos. :)

Jodi said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Next year I'll have to join in on world wide kip day.

Mary said...

Looks like great fun and the weather was just so good.

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was great fun and well turned out! Glad the weather was good for it and it was a great venue!!

Anonymous said...

It was simply marvellous! I say we could KIP more often there.