10 December 2006

another Sunday???

Last Sunday was a rainy, wet and windy day...so here I am again, on this rainy, wet and windy Sunday. My time online has been fairly limited due to typing my assignments, reading and researching for a presentation.

Knitting has gone by the wayside for now, since I must concentrate on "school" work. In addition, Spouse and I are still unpacking the countless of boxes still piled up to the ceiling in every nook and cranny of our home.

With Christmas just around the corner, I decided to unpack the Christmas decorations....Santa, baby!



Also, the Spouse continues to find my yarn stash dispersed throughout several of the boxes unpacked so far. Last week he presented me with a spool of yarn (75% wool, 15% cotton, 10% nylon) by Rowan which I purchased sometime last spring.

I have no clue as to how much I have on this spool...



This ochre/tweedy yarn is laceweight (a guess)...



Plan for this yarn...for now I will keep it next to the computer...hoping I will get a vision of a lovely knitted something dance thru my head.

6 comments:

Amy R Singer said...

cool desktop graphic!

unpacking takes time. we've still got boxes unopened in the basement. 7 years later. a wiser person would tell us that we probably don't need what's in the boxes. [cough cough]

Anonymous said...

Hope SJH aren't working you too hard Diane!!are you going on Wed to the ice skating?

Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

Looking forward to finding a home for our things when we arrive in Wellington, we've travelled light(ish) though so I think I'll have to wait until we get home in a years time to "discover" some of my yarn again. Look forward to seeing what you decide to make with your laceweight.

Holly said...

First look at the cone of yarn and thought, that's my kind of Christmas decorations!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, haven't had opportunity to read blogs of late. Not because of time issues or my dad's health, but I seem to be caught in a virtual black hole and have severely limited access to internet. But alas, I have been tagged for a meme. Put my response on my blog and have duly 'tagged' you to carry the torch, as it were. The rules and regs are on my blog and hope you find this wonderfully introspective! Take care!

Anonymous said...

That's a great looking laptop. Did The Spouse get it as an early Christmas present for you?