02 May 2007

is it summer yet?

At one of the SnB nights, I was sitting next to Heidi and mentioned I was looking for a summer top pattern. Soon after, she sent me this link. I perused through the extensive links looking for a pattern that would call out to me, "knit me, knit me..."

It was 1:30am on a Saturday night, when I found the beaded cami. This was it...my summer cami.
The following Thursday, off I went to This is Knit with the pattern in hand. In consultation with Lisa, I choose this yarn:

The next step was to knit my swatch... After swatching and checking my gauge, I dropped to a 3.5mm size needle instead of the 4.0mm.

After many false starts and an email to Nora, the designer of the beaded cami. I finally cast on 242 stitches on circular needles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good so far! And just in time too, with the recent 'summer' weather!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!
I did mine with seams as I found it gave the a-line a bit more shape. I'm very interested to see your final construction.
If you like, email me your popstal address and I'll send you the beads. My email is on my sidebar. :)