15 July 2007

how kool is that???

Lately, the topic of conversation is the weather...in fact we've been talking about the rain, rain and more rain. It is rather depressing...

Instead of moping around the house this weekend, I decided to turn this negativism into something more creative and maybe brighten up my day.

I searched through my fibre stash and found some bland yarn...
Perused the internet and found an article on Kool Aid dyeing.
I looked over my collection of Kool Aid packs and chose my favourite flavour, Cherry Red.
After it was "cooked" in the microwave...The colour was a little on the light side, so I over dyed it with another packet.



I have it drying out on the clothes line this Sunday afternoon...crossing my fingers for NO rain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been bitten by the dyeing bug - it's fun, isn't it?

Great color!

Ger said...

That yarn looks great Diane. I really love the colour. Can you dye without microwave?

Mary said...

You are so clever Diane, looks great.

Anonymous said...

Great colour!