28 July 2007

Liverpool: finding a LYS is not easy...

The visit to Liverpool: 1.5 out of 4 days of sunshine, not bad considering of the floods in the south of England.

Local yarn shop: 1

Other store to buy yarn: 1

SnB: 3

People knitting in public: 1 (that is me, myself & I)

Finding the local yarn shop was the knitting highlight of my trip. I found Knitwise. The shop is located approximately 10 minutes (by bus) outside the Centre City. I found the atmosphere quite cozy and warm.

I met the shop’s proprietor, Angie, who is very friendly and welcoming. Her handknitted and felted creations are proudly displayed throughout the shop. I was quite intrigued by a scarf and found out she is the designer of Twister featured in the March 2006 issue of Magknits.

I am always in awe of the enthusiasm and commitment of the knitter who venture outside of the knitting box who contribute to the knitting economy.

While shopping in the City Centre, I made my way to the Haberdashery Department of John Lewis in the City Centre. Where I came across this…and a wall full of Rowan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOh, look at all that lovely yarn!! Exciting trying out a new yarn shop. Hope you spent a few english pounds....

Julia said...

I was in Liverpool about 10 yrs ago. I thought it was a great city - I had a blast! (Did you get tired of hearing about the Beatles?)

And Wow - I've never seen that much Rowan in the same place at the same time. Drool worthy!

Jodi said...

A wall full of Rowan!?!? That's awesome.