05 August 2007

WIP update: the beaded cami

Completion of the beaded cami was a very slow WIP due to the poor showing of sunshine and summer heat on this side of the pond. This weekend is the last Bank Holiday weekend of the summer...and guess what? It is raining again....so this is my weekend to complete the beaded cami...

It is very close to completion....it's been blocked

The cami's designer, Nora is a very creative and talented fibre enthusiast. When I started this WIP, I had some initial problems with understanding the pattern, so I emailed her and she helped me tremendously. She was so kind to send me some beads to embellish my cami...

I'm having slight difficulties handling and fiddling around with the beads...maybe it's the arthritis starting to set in my joints or just the excitement of finishing this WIP...

It is almost done...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOh, Im not surprised that you are excited, it looks really great!! May have to add it to my to-do list

Anonymous said...

That is just stunning - your stitching is beautiful and the beads you chose are gorgeous!

Ger said...

Diane your cami looks really great. Let's hope for some sunshine so you can wear it

Anonymous said...

Diane, it's beautiful! I'm glad you like the beads [although, they are somewhat fiddly]. I hope you get a chance to wear it soon. :)

Holly said...

Wow! It looks great. Come September, you'll be able to wear it! See you soon. Holly

LauraLili said...

Well done - it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow - it is really gorgeous! Enjoy, enjoy! (After the beading is done... LOL)

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness, the cami is absolutely gorgeous. I love the border patterns. So delicate!