02 October 2006

I knit on Fridays...


On weekends, I like to sit down with a cup of tea and read the newspaper. This past Saturday, I found the Globe and Mail had been delivered to my doorstep. I usually peruse through the sections and scan the headlines and cover stories. This headline caught my eye....


Has Belinda Stronach, the Liberal MP, met any knitters from the 21st century? She definitely has not been to a SnB night or a Knit Night at the local pub.
Read the article here



I knit on Fridays and I definitely have an active social life!




6 comments:

Julia said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog!

This article makes my blood boil - Arrrghhh! I don't even know where to begin: sex is better than golf? Ovaries humming for hockey players? I'll take knitting over Tie Domi anyday!

Diane said...

methinks Ms. Stronach has lost all credibility...but then again she is an heiress!

Anonymous said...

hi diane,

it just hit me! The whole things was taken out of context ... I think what Belinda was saying was that on Friday nights she's too busy breaking-up families so she saves up all her knitting for Saturday nights!

Perhaps we should invite her out with us next time - she can keep the winos busy ;-)

have a fantastic time (and bring me back goodies!!! ... because i don't have enough yet ...)

kokopuff said...

Hi Diane - following last night's monthly Friday knit night in the pub, I did a post and referenced this post on your blog - hope that was ok!

kokorules.blogspot.com - October 13th post

PS I don't know if we've met - maybe you were there last night??? Also, I was at LK on Sept 27 - I'm in the black shirt two down from the Yarn Harlot in the picture...

Joanne (True Blue) said...

Ms. Stronach needs to apologize to knitters everywhere. I tried knitting, but found I didn't have the patience. I admire those who do.

David T. Macknet said...

The important question is whether she has the manual dexterity / intelligence / attention span to knit. I'm guessing that she's probably got the first, but after that... well, she's a politician, right?