14 August 2006

Back to the basics


I have a family of non-knitters. They do not understand why I would hand spin my own yarn. When I use my drop spindle and spin the soft wool rovings into yarn, I experience a great sense of accomplishment and pride in my creation. I learned how to use a drop spindle when I took the Learn to Drop spindle class at Lettuce Knit last month. Spinster, Laura was our instructor for two 2 hour sessions. My first skein is from Fleece Artist roving and I have a generous 17 yards of super chunky! Any ideas what I can do with it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Diane, great blog!
The colours look as though they'd mix really well felted - how about a felted bowl (from One Skein)?

Holly said...

You can love it, pet it and call it George! It really is lovely. My first skein is still unknitted and may stay that way. I like the feel and the look of it in it's current state.