01 August 2006

The Eclectic Knitter

Welcome to my blog. This is my place to examine my knitting perspective...

I am writing of the "eclecticism" I experience in my obsession with knitting. I frequently use the word eclectic to describe one who is creative, diverse and free. The eclectic knitter expresses oneself in colour, texture and style. In a yarn shop, the knitter peruses the myriad of fibres using his/her senses of sight, smell and touch. Visualisation of their next knitting creation is found in many places...a magazine, a book, on a website, in their mind waiting to be translated on to paper.

I am the lone knitter amongst my family and friends. I regularly browse the internet looking at knitting blogs and websites. On a social interaction level, I am inspired by the creativity, diversity and freedom of expression as I meet other knitters at the weekly SnB nights in Toronto.

Once again, welcome to my perspective....


1 comment:

Sner said...

Welcome to the blogverse. The more Canadians the better!