09 August 2006

We've come a long way, baby....

It is 1985...I am knitting sweaters in the round with plastic circulars. I was not very sophisticated since I did not know the difference between acrylic and wool.

Fast forward twenty years... and I find myself in a yarn shop in Toronto, like a child in a candy shop, attracted to the myriad of colours and textures of the different yarns.

Socializing with other knitters is a lot of fun. My knitting community is so warm and welcoming...the weekly SnB nights is an opportunity to be creative and expose a little of our wild side.

The internet is the basis of networking with other knitters around the world. There is so much out there....blogs, discussion forums, online shopping, and websites.

Knitting has come a long way, baby...just look around.

"We go forward looking in the rear view mirror. "(Marshall McLuhan)

No comments: