25 August 2006

I took a short break from Lace Wings....

On my way to visit with my sister-in-law and her family in Port Hope, I made a detour to the Black Lamb. As a novice drop spinner, I needed to seek out anyone who could give me some feedback on my technique. Store owner, Laurie was very kind to give me a one on one lesson on plying my handspun. She spent an hour with me as she helped me improve my plying technique.



After my lesson, I spent another hour browsing through her quaint store...I picked up some roving in an assortment of of colours...brown, pink, green ,red, orange....I have no plans for them yet....I also picked up 2 bundles of Laurie’s hand dyed blue faced leister roving....I can't wait to start spinning!



Don't worry Lace Wings...I will get back to you.

No comments: