04 August 2006

To the frog pond and back

My first attempt to progress to the next knitting level began two weeks ago when I purchased a skein of Handmaiden's Sea Silk from my favourite yarn shop in Toronto.

Megan, the store owner,provided the encouragement and moral support I needed to start my first lace project. We chose the one skein Sea Silk Shawl

I started the shawl with much enthusiasm...frustration after frustration with the YO's, repeats, stitch markers, losing track of the number of rows, stitches...off to the the frog pond it went! I lost count after four times.

There is a glimmer of hope... I went to the weekly SnB night at Lettuce Knit along with the three inches of the shawl I have worked on thus far. I sat next to Amy who was so kind and comforting when she confirmed that I was on the right path to the next level. Knitting on.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, good on ya, Diane, to go to the next level. Keep at it, you'll do great! I'm happily stuck in the experienced beginner level myself! Very envious of your lovely yarn shops in Canada....could you sneak Megan into your luggage and bring her with you to Dublin....hmmmmm?