16 August 2006

De-stress yourself



Whoever said knitting is relaxing? I have been struggling with my first lace project for several weeks now. After many trips to the frog pond, I am stressed out. I have been very irritable, tense and unable able to concentrate. In other words, miserable....

In order to make life happy for those who live with me, I decided it was high time to de-stress myself....no, I did not go out shopping for more yarn nor did I start a new knitting project!
I decided to look for a yoga class...yes, yoga. I did not have to search very far for a calm and serene environment. I found the Yoga Lounge,only two blocks away. Since I did not want to try this alone and they had a 2 for 1 deal, I convinced my mother-in-law to join me for the Monday evening gentle hatha class with Sarah. I thought the keyword to the class description was gentle...wow, were we led down the garden path. It was quite the workout. We worked up a sweat; and they called this a gentle class?

Overall, my first yoga experience was a very good one. I think I will return to the Yoga Lounge and continue to de-stress myself. I believe it is a good investment in my well-being. Now if I could find a pose that will allow me to focus on my breathing, stretches and knitting at the same time....hmmm?

3 comments:

tangelled angel said...

I know just the thing you need for your yoga class....yoga socks! Check out my sidebar for the link to Justine's blog in Australia. I am almost finished a pair for my sister, who does yoga, (have given her one of them already). They will definately get you in the mood!

Anonymous said...

Lace would stress me too....
But being a knitter, all I could think of looking at the yoga room picture was 'What a great place to have a knitting group!'

Diane said...

Now that is cool! Yoga socks will definitely be on my WIP list very soon!