11 January 2007

The first one...off the stix in 2007

Since January 1st, I have been frantically finishing my 2006 WIPs. I have marked January 10th as the date my first felted project was completed...the French Market Bag.

I started this bag last September with a little help from Megan. As this was my first attempt at felting, she recommended Lamb's Pride in the worsted weight. I decided on green, using kiwi as the main colour and oregano as the contrast.

I started with much enthusiasm...

until the frogging began.

It was laid to rest for several weeks, until the Spouse and I went on a weekend gettaway to Blue Mountain where it sat by the hot tub...


It managed to pass through the security checks at the airport and crossed the pond...


I continued to work on it, and brought it along to a SnB in City Centre.

a few days ago it was at the pre-felting stage...


Last evening, it went into the washing machine...

...after the agitation and drying process,

I have this....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Love the two-tone green which shows better in person....well done on completing a project. I'm still here with 3 unfinished projects to go.

Anonymous said...

Looks great!
I did this pattern around about this time last year and I thought I would never finish it. Think yours is lovely, love the colours

Anonymous said...

Diane, well done on finishing your great bag. Looking forward to seeing it for real.
Ger

Anonymous said...

lovely lovely job! much nicer than my jinormous green leather bag. I'm gonna make me one of them there market bags. I was thinking it might be good to reconsider your perspective on completing WIPs as ... tantric knitting. Hmmmm sexy!

big hugs your way,
t.

Holly said...

Fantastic!! I love that!

Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

Oh, I think I need to make myself one of them. Turned out great. Well done, hope you feel all the effort was worth the final result.