13 January 2007

A vision becomes a scarf...

A scarf designed by moi. The inspiration and vision for this scarf came from Denny’s own wrap she made from her own handspun.

I decided to use up some mohair (don’t remember the brand, I’ve misplaced the label) from my stash. And my own handspun. I used the drop spindle, I purchased last October at the KW Knitter’s Fair.

In order to make this design my own, I wanted something a little more funky, spontaneous yet planned (is this an oxymoron phrase?) so I used the Fibonacci Sequence to plan the number of rows between mohair and homespun. I used a combination of 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, and 13 and 21 to knit the number of homespun and mohair rows.

6 comments:

Holly said...

YUMMY!!! I love that!! So beautiful Diane!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! I'd love to see a pic of you wearing it.

Anonymous said...

How great is that! And how rewarding to have a project from conception to completion!

Julia said...

Wow, that Fibonacci sequence is popping up all over knitting these days! You put it to great use - I might use my pathetically small amount of handspun for something similar. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Looks very nice!

In considering Fibonacci, though, did you use a one-based sequence, as you mention, or did you use it to plan Knit rows only? In other words, did you go 1,2,3,5,8... or did you start 2,4,6,10,16...?

I'm wondering if you ended up with solely knit rows of the second yarn, or if you were OK with doing purl rows as well.

Anonymous said...

Your scarf is absolutely gorgeous.
Ger