01 January 2007

Welcome, 2007!

Happy New Year!



The first day of 2007 brings in an edge of excitement of what is to come for the brand new year. The next several days, witty knitters (including moi) in blogshere will be updating blogs and planning new projects.

I am re-energized and ready for a new year of knitting! I still have my WIP’s and here is an update what is on my stix as I begin 2007.

I am near completion to this Fetching's mate. I do not know what I was thinking when I chose the colour black. I am debating whether it is the poor lighting within my environment or just visual changes due to the aging process that makes this WIP drag on and on.



The French Market Bag is several steps away from felting. Just binding off and knitting in the contrast colour to create the handles.



This scarf's design was inspired by a similiar wrap made by Denny. Here, I used my own handspun with delicate and fine mohair.



Here is my Winter Olympics challenge. It is quite obvious this cabled shoulder bag was too much of a challenge for me to complete or the Winter games were too short. I plan to finish this WIP prior to the Summer 2008 games. The pattern is from
Patons.



Finally, the travelling sock is showing more progress. The toe just needs to be grafted and I'm onto its mate. I am using Stephanie's Sock Recipe in her book.



Looking forward to more knitting in 2007...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sunshine! Happy New Year! Looks like you HAVE been getting lots done. I love the patons cable thing. Ireland must be seeping into you with such wonderful textures. So sorry i missed your call today. Let's speak soon.

Big warm Canadian hugs from the not-so-arctic homeland.
t.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Diane! hope that 2007 is a very happy one in your new home

Anonymous said...

I'll add my 'Happy New Year' greetings to you and look forward to seeing you again at the next knitting group! Cute projects on hand by the way!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy, Joy Joy

Have a great New Year.

Meow

Smokey