04 February 2007

knit in the city

I have been a regular attendee of SnB gatherings for over a year now. . I think every witty knitter should experience a SnB at least once. My advice to the witty knitter: do not bring a lace WIP to a SnB because you will have so much fun, and not be able to concentrate on anything complicated. I usually bring a WIP that requires very little thinking, no reading a chart/pattern or no counting (unless you are very adept with a row counter).

Most recently, witty knitters, whether they are true beginners, novices, advanced and expert knitters, are coming out of the woodwork to experience knitting in the city. The first and third Saturday of each month is knitting in the city at Barnie's. A couple of hours are dedicated to knitting and chatting, as well as meeting new witty knitters. Yesterday, I met Heidi who is new to the knitting scene.

Another aspect of knit in the city, is exploring the city from a knitter’s perspective. Using my knitter’s instinct (that is reading Yahoo’s Stitch n Bitch IE discussion forum) This sign catches my eye:


I walked through the doors and found button paradise...


I spent a good hour looking at the haberdashery (a new word I learned, meaning all kinds of stuff) and came away quite satiated.

ahhhh... knitting in the city

3 comments:

Ger said...

What a lovely posting Diane. The city looks lovely and indeed the Woolen Mills is really great for buttons etc. How right you are about the type of projects to bring to a SnB meeting. Although the little work I did on my lace scarf was OK, when I returned to it last night I made a few mistakes and had to rip out.Will look again later.
Ger

tangelled angel said...

You know we must have just missed each other in the Dublin Woolen Mills, I went to the Irish Film Centre after SnB and then went in to the woolen mills on the ay to the Luas. Did you see the Rowan yarn in the cupboard under the buttons??? They are a new addition....lovely shades of kidsilk haze...

M-H said...

Hi, I guess you haven't heard of me, but I've had a blog called Witty Knitter for nearly four years now. http://manainkblog.typepad.com Maybe I should charge you for use of the term! :) (That was a joke - please don't get offended!)