21 February 2007

one year later...

How many of you remember the 2006 Winter Olympics? How many of you witty knitters started a knitted project during the Opening Ceremonies? How many of you watched the events on the television and knitted your Olympic project for your country’s Olympic Team? How many of you actually completed your project on the night of the Closing Ceremonies? All of you…judging by the gold medals awarded to the witty knitters in the blogsphere… I must be the only knitter in the blogshere who took one year to complete my Olympic Challenge.

I had great enthusiastic intentions to complete a knitted project during the winter Olympics last year. I choose to knit a small bag with a cabled pattern...It should be challenging enough, not to difficult since it was a small project..I worked on my cabled bag during the Opening Ceremonies, and continued on during the first week. I was still knitting this bag during the closing ceremonies...I decided to rescue this forgotten WIP and well, one year later
I can stand proudly on the podium with my gold medal and bouquet of flowers…while I emotionally listen to our national anthem of O Canada…

yarn: Lopi
pattern: Patons

5 comments:

Ger said...

Congratulations Diane, better late than not at all. It looks great too. Wear it well.
Ger

Anonymous said...

dang girl. that ain't nuthin compared to your 10-year-old sweater!
t.

Holly said...

Great looking bag. Is that the one you weren't sure if you had enough yarn?

Diane said...

thanx for the advice, Holly. I knitted the flap as you suggested then the back of the bag was done in moss stitch.

Anonymous said...

Well done on the stick-to-it-tiveness! AND I really like the new look of your blog. Lovely colours! Yum!