25 March 2007

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire


1. What is your favourite type of yarn? >>> natural fibres and blends…wool/merino/cotton/silk/alpaca.

2. What is your least favourite type of yarn? >>>I do not like 100% acrylic and novelty yarns such as fun fur. Since I’ve been knitting with some the of the luxury yarns out there, I’ve become a "part-time" yarn snob.

3. What’s the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop? I am attracted to colours and I love the way some yarn shops display them…I will walk around the shop and look and feel every yarn in the store…then move onto patterns, books and magazines. One my way out, I will take a look at the knitting accessories....also, I look out for the "specials"

4. What other crafts do you do? >>>Decorative painting, quilting, sewing, spinning with a drop spindle, some cross stitch (but I am still working on a 4” x 4” kit which I started in 2002!)

5. What crafts would you like to do? >>>At some point, I would like to learn how to crochet, felting, jewellery making, spin (with a wheel), and weave.

6. What magazines do you current subscribe to? >>>None at the moment

7. Put this type of magazines in order to preference: knitting/crochet/other craft/food/home/fashion/celebrity gossip/garden...
>>>knitting>food>fashion>other craft/home

8. What types of things do you like to knit? >>> socks, sweaters, shawls, scarves, hats, lace...do not like knitting dolls or toys (too fiddly for me)

9. Are you allergic to anything? >>>fish and walnuts

10. What do you like to smell like? Very light and fresh florals during the day, a trace of fresh and fruity after a shower, something more exotic and alluring in the evening.

11. What is your favourite way to relax? >>>Other than knitting?? I like to read the newspaper on a Sunday afternoon…also, I will read “chic lit” (should I have admitted to this???) since I do not have to concentrate too much on the plot. Also, I’ve recently discovered yoga…great way to relax the mind, body and spirit.

12. Where would I go first? >>>The Italian cafĂ©…love a good cup of cappuccino and a biscotti.

13. What do I come out with? I will take home a cannolli filled with whipped cream for the Spouse and myself.

14. Where do I go next? >>> the bakery

15. Any other words of wisdom for your pal? I love colour and the lustrous illusions it creates. I have an eclectic taste for style…I will wear classic style and accent with something whimsical…like a funky piece of jewelry (bling).

No comments: