08 March 2007

progression

On a recent Sunday outing to Blackrock, I had to take a double look when I saw this…I stood and watched this group of people on horses as they disappeared into the sunset…errr, cloudy day? My amusement with this herd only confirmed my status as a city slicker.
It was a short trip on the Dart to Blackrock, home to This is Knit. I was like a child in a candy store…savouring the colours and textures of all the yummy yarn. I met the proprietors, Lisa and her mom, Jacqui. They are a great mother/daughter team. When I arrived at their store, Jacqui was teaching Herbert how to knit a scarf.
I left feeling satiated, having my fill (feel?) of the yarns. Since I am replacing all my straights with circulars, I also came away with some new Addis.
Oh yeah, that means I am progressing…dpns will become my new hair ornament. With a little help from my Irish knitting friends, I hope to knit a pair of interesting socks.

5 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

You know, you might save a few straights. I've gone back to them recently and found it rather relaxing to be able to pinch the needles beneath my forearm, or beneath my arm even, when attempting something particularly tricky which requires both hands. It's been nice, although it's certainly a switch to go back to them after a while of ignoring them.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I feel Clessidra starting......! Just gotta get done with the current socks. They seem kind of common and boring now what with all these new patterns coming out!

Holly said...

So..... is the majic loop calling your name??? Diane, Diane, Diane. I can just hear it! Nice needles too.

Diane said...

magic loop, here I come...Cheryl has committed to teaching me...thanx Cheryl!

Lien said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Diane.

You know, I thought I was a big fan of magic loop as well, but I've been doing all my socks on dpn's, and I have to admit...I really like it.

I know, sacrilege!