06 March 2007

lost, but not found

I knit in public places…an oddity here on this side of the pond. Most times, I have my knitting bag with me, so I can knit while waiting for the bus, I knit while I am commuting on the bus, I knit at cafes while sipping on my cappuccino, I knit when standing in the Q at the bank....

A few weeks ago, I decided to knit my last pair of Fetchings for this winter season. Fetchings has been my choice of "knitting in public" project because of the portability. I choose an unknown blue worsted yarn from my yarn stash. The first mate was knitting up quickly until I finished the first skein. I reached into my knitting bag…no second skein. I searched and search every nook and cranny of my home and it is not to be found. It must have fallen out of my bag. Anyone seen a blue ball of yarn somewhere in Dublin 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, or 12????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! The poor ball of yarn, lost in Dublin in the wind and rain...

Holly said...

Looks really good, but now sign of the prodigal son (ball). Missed you tonight at knitting.

Anonymous said...

Ack! How dreadful! Well, ya know, you could always start a new one-handed trend for Fetchings....

Anonymous said...

how cool would it be if it were actually returned to you?
hugs,
t.

tangelled angel said...

Maybe a cat has it somewhere....playing away with it. If other cats are anything like mine........