25 March 2007

what is off my stix

It was a friend's birthday last week, so I decided to make her a felted case for her mobile phone.

Using Kilcarra in aubergine and lavender, I made a rectangle

and stitched the side and the bottom to create the pouch

Although, I put it through the wash cycle twice... It was still to big for a mobile case...

So I searched through my stash, and found some cotton and whipped up a garter stitch face cloth...

and used the case as a gift pouch for a bar of olive oil soap...

5 comments:

Mary said...

You never can tell with felting whether it is going to work out or not but the idea to put soap in as a gift is brilliant and looks great.

Kat said...

what a nice gift! glad to see you are also participating in the KTE!

Ger said...

That's a really lovely gift and worked out really well using the original idea differently.
Ger

Anonymous said...

From my experience, the Kilcarra doesn't seem to shrink as much as other wools, like Twilley's Freedom wool for example. But a great save by making it into a soap gift bag!

Anonymous said...

I too think that was a great idea; true creativity! I'm sure your friend enjoyed it as much as she would have of the phonepouch.